Fayetteville Premises Liability Attorney
Injured on Private or Public Property in Fayetteville, GA?
When you visit someone else’s property, you have the right to expect that it is safe. If you are injured on someone else’s property, you may be able to file a premises liability claim to recover compensation for your injuries. At The Roth Firm, LLC, we have extensive experience handling premises liability claims in Fayetteville and throughout Georgia. We understand the complexities of these cases and can help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a legal concept that holds property owners responsible for certain injuries that occur on their property. In Georgia, property owners must keep their property reasonably safe for those who visit it. When a property owner fails to do so and someone is injured as a result, the property owner may be held liable for the victim’s damages.
At The Roth Firm, LLC, we handle all types of premises liability claims, including those involving:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These cases involve someone slipping, tripping, or falling due to hazardous conditions such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, or poorly maintained walkways.
- Negligent Security: Property owners may be held liable if they fail to provide adequate security measures, leading to criminal activities such as assaults, robberies, or other violent incidents on their premises.
- Inadequate Maintenance: Failure to properly maintain the property can result in hazardous conditions, including broken stairs, faulty handrails, or other structural defects that may lead to accidents.
- Dangerous Conditions: Property owners are responsible for addressing and fixing known hazards on their premises, such as exposed wiring, defective elevators, or other unsafe conditions that could cause harm.
- Dog Bites: If a property owner has a dog on the premises and it attacks someone, the owner may be held liable for injuries sustained in the dog bite incident.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Property owners with swimming pools are responsible for maintaining safety standards, such as installing proper fencing and signage, to prevent accidents like drownings or slip and falls around the pool area.
- Retail Store Accidents: Customers injured in retail stores due to factors like merchandise falling, spills not cleaned promptly, or poorly maintained shopping carts may have grounds for a premises liability claim.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents: Property owners or managers may be held liable for accidents involving elevators or escalators, such as sudden stops, malfunctions, or inadequate maintenance.
- Snow and Ice Accidents: Slip and fall accidents related to snow and ice on the property, especially in regions with cold climates, can lead to premises liability claims if the property owner fails to adequately address these conditions.
- Fires and Burns: Property owners are responsible for maintaining fire safety standards. If a fire occurs due to negligence, faulty wiring, or lack of proper safety measures, resulting in injuries, the property owner may be held liable.
- Toxic Exposure: In cases where individuals are exposed to toxic substances on a property, such as mold, lead paint, or hazardous chemicals, and suffer harm as a result, the property owner may be held accountable for damages.
- Construction Site Accidents: Premises liability can extend to construction sites, and property owners may be held responsible for accidents or injuries that occur on their property during construction activities.
- Amusement Park Accidents: Injuries that occur in amusement parks due to faulty rides, inadequate safety measures, or poor maintenance can lead to premises liability cases.
How Can a Premises Liability Lawyer Help?
After a premises liability accident, you may be contacted by the property owner’s insurance company. The insurance company may offer you a settlement that is far less than what you deserve. An experienced premises liability attorney can help you fight for the fair compensation you are owed.
At The Roth Firm, LLC, we can help you by:
- Investigating the accident: We will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident to determine how it occurred and who is liable.
- Gathering evidence: We will gather all available evidence, including surveillance footage, accident reports, and witness statements, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Calculating your damages: We will calculate the full extent of your damages, including your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: We will handle all negotiations with the insurance company and fight for the fair compensation you are owed.
- Taking your case to trial: If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to trial and fight for a favorable verdict.
At The Roth Firm, LLC, we can review your case and help you understand what to expect. We will fight for the maximum compensation you are owed and will not settle for anything less.