Atlanta Product Liability Lawyers
Managing Defective Product Claims & Lawsuits
When you buy a product, it should not put you in any unreasonable danger, especially if the product is meant to be harmless and mundane. If you do get hurt by a product and it's because that product was defective, then it might be time to sue that product maker. Let The Roth Firm, LLC help.
We have a team of Atlanta product liability attorneys who are ready and waiting to take on major product manufacturers on behalf of our clients.
We know that you are going through a lot right now, so let us ease some of your stress by managing your injury case for you. Whenever we are on a case, we act as if we are representing ourselves, which means taking no shortcuts and not giving up just because the insurance company pushes back.
Three Types of Product Defects
A product defect occurs when a product is no longer capable of being used safely or as intended due to an unintended issue with it. How those issues come about, though, can happen in one of three ways, in most cases.
The three most common types of product defects are:
- Design defects: All products go through a design stage, no matter how lengthy or brief. If there is an issue with a product that happens during the design process, it is defective by design and, therefore, cannot be considered safe for use under any circumstances. Takata Inc. airbags were designed to use an unsafe chemical that caused them to explode, so they were unsafe by design.
- Manufacturing defects: When a product is being made, issues can happen that make them unsafe, or defectively by manufacturing. Technically, any defect that happens between design and the point of sale is a manufacturing defect. Many J&J talc powder products were contaminated with asbestos when the talc was mined, so they are unsafe by manufacturing.
- Advertising defects: Once a product is available for purchase, it must inform consumers of all potential risks and hazards, as well as general instructions on how to use the product if necessary. Failing to provide these forms of information causes an advertising defect. Zantac heartburn medication can cause users to be exposed to large amounts of NDMA, but consumers were not warned about this known side effect, so it is defective by advertising.
Hold Onto Your Defective Product
It is important that you keep the defective product until you talk with our Atlanta product liability attorneys. We will want to inspect it if possible and bring in third-party experts if needed.
For example, we can call product engineers to analyze the product and identify what happened to make it dangerously defective.
If you have already notified the product maker that you were hurt by their product, then they will probably contact you soon – or they already have – and tell you to mail the product to them.
We reiterate: Do not send it away. The product is the best piece of evidence you have. Giving it to them could cause it to be discarded.
Legal Professionals Ready to Help with Your Case
Call defective product attorneys if you were hurt by one of these products:
- Auto parts
- Airbags, including Takata airbags
- Household appliances
- Power tools
- Machinery and equipment
- Medical devices
- Children's toys
- And more
With us at the helm of your case, you can confidently file a product liability claim against any product maker. We have the resources and experience needed to take them on, so you don’t have to.
Elements of a Successful Defective Product Claim
When you are injured by a defective product, there are several elements you must prove to successfully recover compensation from the liable party.
The elements that make a successful product liability lawsuit include:
- You were injured;
- You suffered losses (damages);
- The product is defective;
- The defect was the exact cause of the injury; and
- You were using the product as intended at the time of injury.
Our Atlanta product liability lawyers can gather the necessary evidence to build your case and help prove all the above elements. Our goal is to maximize your recovery and help you recoup the financial resources you need to get back on your feet.
If you were hurt and meet all the requirements listed above to have grounds for a product liability lawsuit, you may be able to obtain compensation to cover all your expenses related to the injury you suffered because of a defective product.
Compensation in Product Liability Lawsuits
If you were injured by a defective product, you will need the help of an attorney to prove liability. Once our firm accepts your case, we will launch a thorough investigation into the exact details of what happened, what type of defect the product had, and who is liable.
Once all the necessary evidence is gathered, your attorney will negotiate on your behalf for a fair settlement.
At The Roth Firm, we take pride in our ability to help the injured receive the compensation they deserve as quickly as possible. While we always strive for swift, favorable settlements for our clients, we also realize that this is not always possible.
If the defendant refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are fully prepared to represent you at trial.
Depending on the specific details of your case, we can help you seek compensation for the following damages:
- Emergency medical care costs/hospitalization
- Surgeries and other treatments
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering, including emotional anguish
- Lost wages, income, and other employment benefits
- Lost future earnings and lost earning capacity due to disability
Contact our defective product lawyers in Atlanta by calling (404) 777-4899 or contacting us online. Your initial consultation is free.
More Than Another Billboard Firm
Our attorneys care about clients like you. At The Roth Firm, your needs come first!
Experienced Team Ready to Fight
For over 15 years, our team has fought to help those injured due to negligence and are ready to do the same for you and your loved ones.
Our Clients Are Like Family
We are a boutique litigation firm, focusing on specific injuries. Each case, like our clients, is unique and will be treated with individual attention and urgency.
Accessible When You Need Us Most
We will travel to you after hours or weekends and are available for video or phone consultations.
Free Case Evaluations
Meet with our team to hear we can help you. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you won't pay unless we win!