Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Fulton County
When you are injured because of another person’s careless, reckless, or wrongful conduct, you have the right to take legal action. By filing a personal injury claim, you can fight to hold the negligent party responsible, secure fair financial compensation for your losses, and obtain the much-needed sense of justice you need to heal.
Getting back on your feet after a serious accident or injury can be challenging—but having the right legal team on your side can make all the difference in your recovery. At The Roth Firm, LLC, we have been representing injured individuals and the families and loved ones of those wrongfully killed since 2006. From our office in Atlanta, we proudly fight for the rights of clients in and around Fulton County, offering personalized legal guidance and dedicated support at every stage of the legal process.
Continue reading to learn more about how our Atlanta personal injury lawyers can help you, or call us directly at (404) 777-4899 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Understanding Georgia Personal Injury Law
In Georgia, most personal injury lawsuits are brought on the grounds of negligence.
To bring a claim based on negligence, you must be able to prove several key elements:
- Duty of Care: First, you have to prove that another person or party owed you a duty of care. This means that they had a legal responsibility to act in a reasonable manner and avoid causing injury or harm to others.
- Breach: Next, you must establish that the other person or party breached the duty of care. Typically, this means proving that they acted negligently, carelessly, recklessly, intentionally, or wrongfully in some way.
- Causation: You must also demonstrate that the breach of the duty of care was the proximate cause of your injuries and/or losses. In other words, you have to prove that, if the other person or party had not acted negligently or wrongfully, you would not have been injured.
- Damages: Lastly, to file a personal injury claim, you must prove that you were injured and/or suffered measurable damages. These damages can be either economic or non-economic and may include things like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At The Roth Firm, LLC, our attorneys work with a team of expert investigators, medical professionals, accident reconstructionists, economists, and other specialists who help us investigate claims and build solid evidence on your behalf. We can meet with you to discuss the specifics of your situation and help you determine if you have grounds for a claim.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Personal Injury Case?
The exact damages that you may be able to recover in your personal injury case will depend on the losses you have suffered, the severity of your injuries, and other relevant factors.
At The Roth Firm, LLC, our Atlanta personal injury lawyers help clients fight for maximum compensation for all their damages, including but not limited to:
- Emergency medical care costs
- Ambulance fees/hospitalization
- Surgeries, medications, and other treatments
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Ongoing/future medical expenses
- Lost income/wages
- Future lost earnings
- Loss of earning capacity/disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress and anguish
- In-home care costs
- Home modifications to accommodate a disability
- Therapy/counseling services
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc.
In some cases, we may even be able to recover punitive damages, which are meant to punish the defendant for egregious negligence and/or willful, wanton, or intentional misconduct.
How The Roth Firm, LLC Can Help You
With decades of collective experience and a commitment to providing every client with the personal attention, service, and counsel they deserve, our firm is well-equipped to help you navigate the legal system.
We represent clients in Atlanta and throughout Fulton County in all types of personal injury lawsuits, including but not limited to:
No matter the complexity of your situation or the challenges you face, you can rely on our team at The Roth Firm, LLC to fight for you and the maximum recovery you are owed. We are ready to devote our collective experience, skills, and resources to you and your case. Because we limit our caseload, we are able to provide each client with a high level of service from start to finish.
We have multiple offices located throughout Georgia and can travel to meet you at your home, at work, or in the hospital if needed. We provide free initial consultations and contingency fees, meaning you do not owe anything unless we secure a settlement or verdict for you.