What you need to know about Auto Accidents and Concussions in Georgia
Millions of Car Accidents occur every year, many of which result in head injuries, such as a concussion.
Concussions are a common occurrence in car accidents, and the symptoms often take hours or even days to fully manifest. Many people are not immediately aware that they have suffered a concussion injury.
A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that can occur after being involved in a motor vehicle accident. If the concussion is not diagnosed properly, the effects can be devastating.
One of the biggest concerns with a concussion injury is that it is not easily diagnosed if you do not know the signs and symptoms to look for.
If you are the victim of a Motor Vehicle Accident in Georgia and are suffering from any of the following signs, you need to be seen by a medical professional as soon as possible.
Table Of Contents
- 8 Common Signs your Car Accident gave you a Concussion
- Medical Treatment for a Concussion
- Filing a Lawsuit After Suffering a Concussion Injury in a Car Accident
- The Roth Firm
8 Common Signs your Car Accident gave you a Concussion
Many victims will lose consciousness when they hit their head on the windshield, steering wheel, or another object. Even if you are only out for a few seconds, your brain has still suffered trauma.
2. You Saw Stars or Have Ringing in the Ears-If a blow to the head was suffered during the accident; it will often cause a person to see stars or hear ringing in their ears.
Often the victim may not even remember hitting their head, and loss of consciousness does not have to occur for there to be a concussion.
4. You Experience Confusion and Amnesia-It may take you a few days to realize you cannot recall specific things, are confused about dates or having a difficult time concentrating on the task at hand. Do not pass off these symptoms as if it were nothing; it is necessary to be examined by a doctor if you are feeling confused or forgetful.
5. Disruption in Sleeping Patterns-A disruption in sleeping patterns could mean you are having trouble falling asleep, you are sleeping a lot more than usual, or you are sleeping less than normal.
6. Mood Changes-If you begin to notice a change in your mood, such as becoming angered, listless, irritable, nervous, or anxious for no apparent reason, more than likely you are suffering from a concussion injury.
7. Headaches-Headaches that won't go away, worsen, or are accompanied by blurred vision, are signs to see a doctor and find out if you are suffering from a concussion.
8. Seizures-If the concussion injury is severe, the victim may even begin to experience seizures.
Depending on the severity of the accident, a concussion injury can also result in a traumatic brain injury.
This is a serious intracranial condition that can affect cognitive abilities which could lead to permanent life-altering disability.
When the neck experiences a whiplash-type injury, it will cause the brain to move around in the head. This can lead to bleeding in and around the brain.
Medical Treatment for a Concussion
If you were involved in a Car Accident and are suffering from a concussion, you will need to seek medical treatment as soon as possible, and give your brain a rest.
Often the doctor will recommend that you limit TV, reading, texting, computer use, and activities that require thinking or mental concentration. When your doctor gives you a recommendation, it is important that you follow their advice so you can make a full and optimal recovery.
Filing a Lawsuit After Suffering a Concussion Injury in a Car Accident
A significant number of concussion injuries will result in chronic problems such as seizures, constant headaches, an inability to concentrate, personality changes, and loss of employment.
In these types of situations, damages can be substantial, and medical treatment may need to be ongoing for quite some time.
When you are involved in a Car Accident that causes you to suffer from a concussion injury, you will need the help of an experienced Personal Injury Attorney if you want to receive the compensation that you deserve.
Suffering a concussion in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by someone else's negligence can leave you with extensive damages.
Hiring a personal injury accident lawyer to handle your case is the best way to ensure that you receive the amount of compensation that you deserve for the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of earning capacity
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
Once you have been seen by an expert, it is important to contact an experienced Car Accident Injury Attorney to assist with your case.
The Accident Injuries Lawyers at The Roth Firm have been helping the injured receive the compensation that they deserve for over 40 years.
Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys have the training and experience to help the victims of concussions receive all the benefits that they deserve for their car accident injury.
If you were hurt in a Car Accident in Georgia that was caused by someone else's negligence, do not wait to contact our Leading Personal Injury Attorneys today.
Click below for a free consultation now.