Before deciding on which personal injury attorney to hire for your accident case, be sure to ask all of the appropriate questions.
The right personal injury lawyer will thoroughly answer all your questions and help you better understand your legal rights and compensation options.
It is almost always necessary to hire a professional personal injury lawyer if you have been the victim of an accident.
An experienced attorney has a greater chance ofprotecting your legal rights and getting the best settlement for you.
We realize there are a lot of different personal injury law firms in the Southeastern US and finding the perfect one for you can be a challenge.
Luckily, many Georgia | Tennessee firms offer Free Consultations so you can talk to a few attorneys before you officially decide.
And to make your search a little easier, we have compiled a list of the most important questions you should ask your prospective representation.
Table Of Contents
- When will I speak with my actual attorney?
- What types of personal injury cases do you specialize in?
- What other staff members will be working on my case?
- How often do your cases go to trial?
- Will your firm handle my case if it has to go to court?
- What is your fee?
- When I call with a question, how long will it take to get a response?
- Contact Our Premier Personal Injury Lawyers
7 Questions to Ask Before You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
1. When will I speak with my actual attorney? Some Georgia law firms have an intake expert who will initially speak with you and obtain the details of your case, but after the firm accepts your case, you should never have an issue speaking directly with your lawyer. If you continually struggle to get in touch with your attorney, or your phone calls are not being returned, it is a sure sign that your case will not be getting the attention it deserves.
2. What types of personal injury cases do you specialize in? Confirm that the firm, or your attorney, has ample experience handling cases like yours. No matter how great the law firm is, you need to verify their experience is the very best fit for your specific case needs.
What other staff members will be working on my case?– Attorneys can be very busy, so it is important that they have a highly qualified team of paralegals surrounding them to help their clients when they are in court or otherwise not available.
How often do your cases go to trial?– Most cases end up settling out of court, but you want a personal injury attorney who will settle your case at the right time, not when it is convenient for them, even if that means taking it to court and fighting for your legal rights.
Will your firm handle my case if it has to go to court?– Be sure your attorney is willing to stick with your case until the very end, even if that means taking it to court. If negotiations fail, many attorneys will not take their client's cases to court and push it off onto another unfamiliar law firm.
What is your fee?– You should not have to pay any money unless your attorney wins your case and collects a settlement on your behalf. However, what percentage of your settlement will the attorney keep? Be sure the fee they are charging you is equivalent to the quality of their work.
When I call with a question, how long will it take to get a response?– We know how frustrating it is when you call with a question, and nobody is available to help you. If you are not helped immediately, a quality law firm will guarantee they answer emergency calls immediately, and other calls within 24 hours if they are initially unavailable.
Contact our Premier Personal Injury Lawyers
Finding an excellent lawyer should be a relief, not add to your already mounting stress.
If you live in the greater Atlanta area and are searching for a highly skilled legal team to represent your personal injury accident case, The Roth Firm could be best for you!
Our team of Personal Injury Lawyers was previously employed by insurance companies. This means we know the ins and outs of the insurance world and never let our clients be taken advantage of.
Do not put your health or financial well-being in jeopardy. Hire Atlanta, Georgia's best law firm today to get you compensation to cover your medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage or loss, and out of pocket and expenses.
Call today or click on the link below to speak with an attorney about your case!